September 14, 2009

Back To School!

Yesterday I wrote about my new AWESOME Steve Madden flat boots, so I felt the urge to wear them today! I went to bed waaaay later than I should've last night, so I overslept and had about 10 minutes to get ready before school. Today was definitely a "loungewear" day haha. I paired them with my good ol' dELiA's thermal, $15ish when you buy two, a pair of crappy PacSun skinnies, 2 for $45, I had lying around (most of my other jeans wouldn't look right with the boots), and my new Aritzia$50, plaid flannel boyfriend shirt that I love so much I WISH it was my boyfriend!!




In case you haven't yet had the privilege of experiencing this FABULOUS/my FAVORITE store, it's a company based out of Canada that's just started branchin out into the U.S., thank god!! The "clerks" who work there can more appropriately be described as personal shoppers; they're sooo sweet! I just LOVE walking in there, because the atmosphere is so welcoming and urban-feeling; they showcase new artists on their bags.


Okay, enough of my mini-rant, LOL! Anyways, I thought I'd share my schoolbag with you, because, yes, I'm JUST that GENEROUS!! I know, it was hideously expensive, but I saw it in Teen Vogue, and pink being my fave color, I just knew I had to have it!

Above: Coach Evie Tote, $198, Nordstrom
Above Right: Coach Multi Grafitti Pony Scarf, $38, Coach



Okay, so onto the real topic of the day: BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING!!
I know, I know, I know, school's already started, but here's my deal about back to school shopping, 3 important rules I find to be helpful!:



1.) Don't overbuy or WRONGBUY :O
What I mean by this is, don't buy stuff just cuz it's there. Last year, my friend Hannah went shopping with her mom and convinced her that she needed a bunch of new t-shirts, shorts, leggings, and tennis shoes. Well, let's be realistic, okay??
Who needs more than one pair of black leggings?
Who needs more than two pairs of tennies, max?
Who needs tons of random graphic t-shirts?
Who needs shorts for fall/winter?
The answer: NO ONE!! No one needs this crap, so the biggest lesson when school shopping is:
MAKE A LIST
...
IT WILL MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE!




2.) DON'T GO SCHOOL SHOPPING BEFORE MID-SEPTEMBER
Alright, I know what you're all thinking, "Wow, she is crazy!!" NO!
I swear I'm not!!
Really!
Well, back to my point, it must sound weird, seeing as back-to-school shopping is usually done before school starts, but after you hear my reasoning, I can pretty much guarantee you'll side with me. Check this out:
Haven't you noticed how none of the coooool clothes are out in August?? (yes)
Wellll, that's cuz the coooool clothes aren't even out in August!
Yeah, that's right, I did just rock your world.
Lesson: The best back to school clothes don't come out until September/October, for "late fall", because August is the awkward transition period between summer and fall.



3.) Invest in a coat...or 2...or 3...
Note: Even if you live in California, Florida, or...I don't know, Mexico, every girl (or guy!) needs a coat. No ifs, ands, or buts about it!! Sometimes there'll be a freak storm or something, and you better be prepared!!!
Check out these coats I've picked out in different price ranges ($,$$,$$$) so you're sure to find the right one for you!
Two cute, cheap coats...but with a catch: will you go for TRENDY or CLASSIC?

Trendy-Animal Prints are big this fall/winter, but it's not necessarily a trend that'll be "in" forever. Zebra Trench, $34.80, Forever 21
vs.
Classic-A classy blazer is not only really hot right now, but will always be stylish. Zinc Blazer, $48, B.P. Nordstrom


Some more adorable coats for fall/winter!


Above: Roxy Peacoat, $59.50, Macy's
Left: Kieran Bomber, $79.50, Delia's
That's all for now!

xoxo,
Hunter

1 comment:

  1. i think im gonna get the roxy one. does it come in other colours tho?

    ReplyDelete

Comments: